There is room for compassion in every birth. It is a civil right. It is a human right.
The Ethiopian definition of Doula is “Walking Stick”. A walking stick is used as a tool, support and offers protection of a person & their space. As a doula, I uses these principles in attending your birth! By normalizing the process, allowing and holding space for you, guiding you, listening to you, offering compassionate, non-judgmental support, explaining, encouraging, reminding you of why you are doing the work when you think you can’t, supporting your partner to support you!
It is so important to have your team in place on the day you give birth!
- A free consultation
- Two prenatal visits to your home. Here we will discuss any and all dreams, fears, birth plans(if you choose to have one), health, wellness, how you manage pain, stress, and different laboring positions/comfort measures. This will allow us time to get to know each other & how I can best service you on your birth journey.
- Unlimited phone, email communication/support during your journey.
- On call 24/7 two weeks prior to your birth-date until the baby is born.
- Discounted massage for mama and partner durning the pregnancy.
- I provide uninterrupted presence for your labor and birth support. I will stay with you until after the baby is born.
- I can assist with breastfeeding.
- I will provide a postpartum visit within two weeks of the birth.
- I offer private or group childbirth education classes.
- GIFT CARDS AVAILABLE
I offer a sliding scale between $1200-$1450 for birth doula services. Upon signing a contract, half the amount is due. I attend 1-2 births a month, this will reserve your date. The remaining half is due within 5 days after the birth or anytime before this if you wish. I am flexible with payment plans, I accept cash, checks and credit cards. I am committed to making my services available to as many families as possible. It is so important to have your team in place on the day you give birth! Picking the right people who believe in you, encourage you & truly want this to be the BEST DAY EVER is what this is all about! Since the way a baby chooses to be born is a mystery, I want you to feel like you had every option, the best support and experience possible!
I look forward to connecting heart to heart, face to face…
On the table. In a workshop. At a birth.